Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20, 2008

It's been a while since I updated this thing, so here's a quick rundown of what's been happening (if anyone cares to hear about it).

For now, I'm done with short fiction. After struggling for nearly 4 years in the small press and making very little progress, I've decided it's time to take my work in a different direction. I have a few unfinished projects I'll be spending the year working on. The first is a memoir of my misadventures in the beverage industry. Most of you probably aren't aware that I've worked for all 3 major soda companies, and man do I have some crazy stories to tell. The book is tentatively titled POP PUSHERS: DISPOSABLE HEROES AT THE FRONTLINES OF THE COLA WARS. Pretty snazzy, eh?

Next on the list is USED ADDICTIONS, a comic book about a cigarette butt, an empty wine bottle and a used condom. I have the first three issues completed and several more in the works. As soon as all the copyright stuff is taken care of I'll be selling comics right here on my web site.

So that's it. There are a few other projects I'll be tackling later, including a middle readers book and a sci-fi novel, but for now these 2 projects will keep me busy.

As for fiction, I've had 2 of my previous acceptances dropped due to magazines going under. The editors didn't even have the decency to contact me, which is another reason I'm done with the small press. I've had this happen too many times and I'm tired of being dicked around by inconsiderate people.

I'll keep the site updated with my progress on both my projects. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! That reminds me that a certain someone has to get your copyright things in order. I will be on that soon, babe. Before the end of the month like I said.

    I can't wait to read some of your memoir.

    I believe in you, and I know you can do this.

    ReplyDelete